My name is David Irwin (Born 1977) I live in Loughgall in Northern Ireland. I’ve worked in IT full-time since leaving university.
I’ve held first, second, and third line support roles.
IT Support Engineer
Company Name: OS Doors
Dates Employed: March 2019 – Now
Senior IT Administrator – IT Supervisor
Company Name: Decora Blinds Systems
Dates Employed: Apr 2006 – March 2019
Employment Duration: 13 yrs
I have the responsibility for maintaining all IT Systems in-house, 33 servers and about 330 desktop clients, and 60 laptops, and 5 Mac’s Systems, there is a mix of Windows server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 Servers, running Active Directory, Windows clustering, Xenapp, file & print and sql servers. And I manage our Office365 email tenant.
Some of my job roles are below
- Management and support of the company’s IT hardware and network infrastructure including PCs, servers, printers, switches etc.
- WatchGuard, HP and Aruba Networking.
- In charge of the Desktop / Server support team.
- Procurement, Installation and configuration of IT hardware and software including Servers, PC’s, Printers and Networking equipment.
- On-site support to resolve problems with existing IT Systems.
- Support of existing and new telecommunications systems.
- Testing of new hardware and software releases and upgrades.
- Roll-out of application updates/patches.
- Delivery of training to ensure the best utilisation of existing and new information systems.
- Administration and maintenance of the company’s internal network.
- Participation in and management of the on-call rota.
- Responsibility for supervision, training and development of junior members of staff.
- Developing and maintaining System Procedures.
- Safeguarding and securing the company’s data, network and systems.
- Responsibility for the operation of company back-up systems and procedures.
- Support of existing and new telecommunications systems and technology.
- Responsibility for implementing the company’s IT security strategy.
- Administration of Active Directory and the O365 tenant.
Company Name: HP CDS
Dates Employed: Aug 2005 – Apr 2006
Employment Duration: 9 Months
Location: Belfast – Covered the whole of Northern Ireland
The Company provided hardware support to Primary schools in the c2k lot1 & lot2 schemes. I faultfinded on servers, replaced hardware i.e. motherboards, processors, raid cards. I do complete restores from tape if the server operating system is corrupt. Network support (Switches androuters), Desktop PC’s, and all other desktop peripherals
Company Name: EMIS / EGTON – Egton Medical Information Systems Limited
Dates Employed: Sep 2004 – May 2005
Employment Duration: 9 Months
Location: Leeds – Northern Ireland Based
EMIS provides hardware & software to 55% of all health Centres in the UK. My job is to provide technical hardware and software support for the server and desktops.
I have installed Windows 2000 & 2003 Server, windows 2000 & XP clients. On the servers I install and configure, DNS, Active directory, Server Antivirus, client anti- servers I install and configure, DNS, Active directory, Server Antivirus, client anti-virus updating from server, terminal services, Exchange. And the companies MSM application which uses telnet. Set up the clients, join the domain, install the client application, install anti-virus and configure it to update automatically from the server. All hardware maintenance for the servers and desktops machines. One of the major projects the company took on was the linking of Health Centres to the HPSS net and to the internet (Via secure broadband) in Northern Ireland. Another project is the upgrading of all NT 4 Servers to Windows 2003 servers, the company had over 4000 NT servers, We use the Active Directory Migration tool to help move over users, groups and computers to the new domain. I install and configure software & hardware on Servers, Desktops, laptops, Palm’s. Install network printers, local printers, document scanners, bar code scanners,
I work on all windows clients 95/98/NT/2000/XP. This job was home based as the company does not have any offices in Northern Ireland, but they employ 8 personnel here. We logged on to my work network through a VPN over broadband, and download my calendar for the day. And go about my business.
Broadband Rollout Engineer
Company Name: Agora Solutions
Dates Employed: Aug 2004
Employment Duration: 1 Months
Location: Northern Ireland Based
Agora Solution had the contact to install broadband to the CO-OP Travelcare Travel Agents.
They employed two temporary engineers in Northern Ireland to go around and install Cisco routers for broadband and a backup ISDN router. Install New PC’s and ghost some high spec old machines in each shop.
Desktop Support Engineer
Company Name: FG Wilson
Dates Employed: Mar 2004 – Aug 2004
Employment Duration: 3 Months
At FG Wilson I was part of a Windows 95, NT to Windows 2000 upgrade (PC’s & Laptops). FGWilson had a Windows 2000 Active Directory network with about 900 workstations in their 4 factories in Northern Ireland connected in a WAN. Using Ghost I had to image about 60 Dell Optiplex GX270 pc’s a month. We ran Ghost on an independent network in multicast mode to isolate network traffic. I also had to migrate the user’s profiles, documents, settings and data. When required I had to install additional software such as MS Project, Visio 2000, MS Access 97 / 2000, AUTOCAD and various custom applications.
Rollout / Installation Engineer
Company Name: BIC Systems Limited
Dates Employed: Feb 2004 – Mar 2004
Employment Duration: 2 Months
Installing new PCs across Northern Ireland, in various DRD, DOE & DCAL Offices.
Carrying out a survey of users old machines,
Unpacking and setting up new machines,
Configuring networks connections ensuring PC is logging on to the correct server and Network.
Installing software and Hardware to the customers needs.